What kind of brownies did you make?
Baked.
Yes, of course they're baked. What recipe?
Baked.
Aren't all brownies baked?
No, some are Dorie Greenspan
Well which are yours?
Neither, they're Baked.
A lot like "whose on first?" isn't it?
Only if you're not familiar with the cookbook by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito called Baked New Frontiers in Baking.
How can you go wrong with "fluffy cakes covered in cooked frosting", "crisp, chewy cookies" and "the best marshmallows ever"? Plus more than a few items featuring everyone's favorite chocolate/peanut butter combination, like Peanut Butter Pie with Cookie Crust and Peanut Butter Crispy Bars.
Then, six months after opening, their brownies got a mention from Oprah, whose slightest whispers can guarantee a rush of publicity and success. The brownie was also proclaimed "the best" by America's Test Kitchen
Of course a "best" brownie is a very subjective thing.
If you like a cake-y brownie, this is not for you. I suggest you make a nice chocolate cake instead.
If you like a brownie that's a close cousin to candy, try the Katherine Hepburn recipe.
If you want a brownie that's on the fudgy side, rich with chocolate flavor throughout, with a lovely crackly top, this one's for you.
I won't type out the recipe for you (I don't have permission), but you can find it right here. I highly recommend that you use the best chocolate you can find. And don't even think about overbaking them - it's simply unallowable.
I also recommend the cookbook, because it contains charming and helpful suggestions as well as pounds and pounds of yummy recipes with loads of chocolate and other wholesome ingredients.
All of them Baked.

I can't wait to make these--they look delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh.....Heavens to Betsy.....
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! These do look like the perfect brownies. Will most definitely have to try these!
ReplyDeleteLovely, interesting post, lovely blog--and I can't wait to try these brownies!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog. Can't wait to make these brownies. Please check my blog out. Thank you
ReplyDeleteAnd that's just the way I like them!! Love a new brownie recipe and thanks for the intro to the book and the "hip" guys!.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you make the top crunch and crumble like the surface of a desert... wonderful intro and they look like great brownies!!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds... ;)
ReplyDeleteLoved this one! Only thing is, I didn't make enough!!
Wow the top photo is biteable:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog, I came over to return the favor and decided I must become a follower. You have beautiful pictures. I hope you become a follower over on my blog.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
My family and I are not one to grag for a brownie but I'd have to say if this makes a brownie lover out of us then it indeed would be the best. I have the book and will give it a try!
ReplyDelete~ingrid