So now, in the midst of holiday baking and shopping, I must come to a screeching halt and wrap my head around the Birthday Party. Party planning, favor creating, cake decorating, invitation making. One evening in early December, while we were eating at our favorite local dining spot, a stroke of genius hit me in the head ( although it may have been a snowball). Have the party here! At Chopstick! Why not? It's practically a home away from home for us and the people who own it and work there couldn't be nicer. The Bonus Baby agreed it would be a great idea, Mr. Ma agreed and so the sushi party was on.
The girls rolled their own with Mr. Ma's help. They also had edamame, miso soup and spring rolls.
It was a smashing success! And the Bonus Baby's favorite gift? Ironically, it's a live goldfish...
And here's the cake I made, decorated to look like a giant California roll. I am pretty proud of myself and the Bonus Baby declared it "awesome". Mission accomplished.

cute story! submit your pic to foodgawkers and tastespotting, its darling!
ReplyDeleteLovely story and a very creative cake! Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What a genius idea! We have a Dec. 22nd birthday girl, so I understand, lol. Your cake is the most adorable thing!
ReplyDeleteThis is a darling idea!
ReplyDeleteFantastic idea and what a great story!! I love reading your blog, Karen!
ReplyDelete