Friday, October 16, 2009

It's My Blog-iversary!



Hey friends - it was a year ago this week that I embarked on the little adventure I call Mignardise. Time sure flies when you're having fun.

So what have I accomplished here? Let's take a look...

87 posts
To my great surprise, 24 of them were savory recipes and 21 were for sweets. Ha! I could have sworn I was heavy on the cakes and brownies, but I guess not. I might have to make that up to you.

What was your favorite?

But the posts that generated the most comments were Celebrating World Nutella DayJust a Bite and the recent Cinnamon Apple Cake.


98 subscribers
Thanks to each and every one of you. I truly appreciate the support and the faith you have in me.
What about the rest of you? Reminder - it's free! Just put your email in the box on the right. You will get a confirmation from Feedburner in your email. Click "confirm" and Mignardise will appear in your inbox whenever there's a new post. That's all there is to it. Please don't make me beg.


What I've used (approximately)
160 sticks of butter
12 pounds of sugar
5 pounds of chocolate (seems low, doesn't it? Maybe it was more.)


What I've gained
6 pounds (give or take)


Favorite photo
I am still firmly in the amateur category when it comes to food photography. I wish I was better at it and some day I will be. Just not now. Too busy cooking, eating, writing. Oh yeah, and my kids.
There are many blogs out there that have absolutely gorgeous food photos. Check out Food With Style for a taste of them.

I do have one photo of mine I love. Take a look at it here.

The Best Thing I Made All Year
Savory: Coconut Curry Chicken Soup, better than my grandma's chicken soup. But then again she wasn't Asian.
Sweet: Gianduja Straciatella Gelato, the winner, hands down.

The Best Thing I Ate All Week
This is the title of a new feature I'm introducing. It'll probably be on Sundays or Mondays, and it's exactly what it says. It may be something I made. Or not.

You're invited to join in too. Leave a comment telling us the best thing YOU ate all week. I really do want to know.




What's In It for You
I had these lovely Mignardise aprons custom-made just so I can give them away. To be eligible to win, all you have to do is leave a comment of any sort (except nasty) in the comments section of this post by the end of the day Monday, October 19. If you're not sure how to do that, read this.
A winner will be chosen at random. If you don't win this time, don't worry. There'll be more giveaways in the coming year.

Goals
 To connect with you who love good food and appreciate a good story.
To get you to try something new that my family and I love.
To make some new friends, even though we may never meet.
To challenge myself in the kitchen for your sake.
To make you smile.

How am I doing so far?







12 comments:

  1. What a great post:) You are way ahead of me for keeping tabs on what you have done this year! It seems all I remember is Jain saying do it! And my thinking what could I possibly have to share during the year?

    You've done great and that pic of you is so cute..
    FWS is wonderful and i am glad you mentioned it~In fact we met through Jain!
    I go every day.

    I like your idea of the personalized aprons.
    I love the chef hat my daughter gave me last year for Christmas..I found it inspiring and motivating.I didn't want to let her down:) The girls mention my recipes..my blog:) It's fun.My husband reads it.. loves the comments and likes the people:)
    The best thing I ate all week is good too.
    Happy Anniversary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!! That is big! I'm also impressed with keeping track. That's a lota Buttah!

    Ok...loved the cherry tomato sauce so simple so easy so YUM! Now I'm going to hunt down the coconut chicken soup...naturally. Any lime in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had you on my sidebar for a while now, just haven't left a comment. I love the cooking blogs that are out there...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary, Karen! You're doing a great job! I can't believe you were able to keep track of all those stats. I can only tell how many posts I've made, and that's because Wordpress tells me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - congratulations on making it to your first anniversary! I hope you are still enjoying it as I am. I loved reading the breakdown - I am inspired to do something similar for my 1st. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you!
    Your pics are wonderful and I enjoy reading your posts!
    Cheers for a great year!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great!! Love your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anni to you! girl you know i have enjoyed you since the day i found you, you crack me up, i love chatting books with you and enjoy your wit and style, congrats to you on a good year~

    just getting home from a weekend at safari west so food thoughts not on the brain, but when you come back to napa to visit your friends you HAVE to book a night there, FUN FUN FUN!

    keep up the good work, chat with ya later gator~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog and enjoyed reading it:) Hope you have a wonderful day!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Karen - great new photo of you and the apron is adorable - you even tidied up your desk for the occasion! - not sure if mine will EVER be that neat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, I know I am late to the party, (life got a little crazy!), but I just wanted to congratulate you and tell you how I've enjoyed reading your blog...it is always fun and real!

    Keep at it! Maybe someday if you make it down Boston way you'll give a call, or visa versa.

    Your daughter was adorable in the video!

    Cheers.....Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed scrolling through and reading your blog. Thanks!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. I welcome all comments as long as they are friendly and respectful. Please don't say anything you wouldn't want me to say to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails