Wednesday, January 21, 2009

But What Should I Do with It?

I can't even tell you how much I appreciate you, the people who take the time to read this blog. It's a total vanity project if there ever was one, so thank you for indulging me. Some of you are new to the blogging world, while some have been around MUCH longer than me. I am still trying to figure out many things, especially the technical parts.
My husband got tired of answering (or not) my many questions, plus he has no experience with blogging, photography or cooking. He's good at eating and he's smart enough to give me a gift of 6 hours of tech support from a local company. Thanks honey! So look out for a new, sharper, blog design, coming soon to a screen near you.

Meanwhile, to my new blog-reading friends,who have asked "what should I do with it", here are a few suggestions:

* Subscribe by email. See the little box to the left? It says "Subscribe Now". All you have to do is put in your email address. That's it. Then every time I write a new post, it will be delivered to your inbox. How easy is that? There is no charge for this, and I will never sell your name to any one, I promise.

* Comment. See the little word "Comments" at the bottom of each post? Sometimes it might say "1 comment" or if I'm lucky, it'll say "4 comments". Click on the word "comments" and a little box will pop-up. It will display all the nice things people have written about this post. Now it's your turn! Write something nice, something thoughtful or ask a question. It can even be one word, like "Delicious", "Insane" or "Love it !" (yes I know that's 2 words). I really like funny comments too. You can be "Anonymous" if you'd like, or you can use your first name, or you can make up a screen name. If you have a blog or a website, you know what to do. I'd love to know who's out there reading and what you think.

* Be a follower. This is like a fan club. Signing on as a follower is just another way of letting me know who's out there. It doesn't require a blood oath and there are no dues.You can follow publicly, where you give your name or a pseudonym. Or you can follow anonymously, just letting yourself be counted and make me look more popular. You can also upload a picture from your computer, so I can see you. Click on the words "Follow This Blog" and follow directions.

* Look me up on Facebook, and become part of the Mignardise network there. There's box near the bottom that says "NetworkedBlogs". Click where it says "Join the Network" and you're in. I think you have to have a Facebook account, but I'm not totally sure.

* Print out a recipe. It has been brought to my attention that some readers (Beth) don't know how to make a hard copy of a recipe. Here's what you do:
-Holding the shift key, highlight the recipe.
-When all the words that you want are highlighted, click "Ctrl" and "c" at the same time.
-Now, go to, or open, whatever program you use for word processing, like Microsoft Word.
-Open a new document there. Press "Ctrl' and "v" at the same time. The recipe will show up! Now you can print it, without having to print all the other copy or photos.

Of course these are merely suggestions. You don't have to do anything! Just enjoy...thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. This is great that you've done this. All good suggestions. My 2-year anniversary is rapidly approaching if you can believe that. What I've learned most is that knowledge grows by leaps and bounds the more you experiment. I still try to take uninterrupted time to do admin stuff which includes photography editing, link adding, social networking...you name it and I've tried it. My latest anquish has been over switching to my own domain at my food site. I have another site that I've done it with quite a while ago, but this one's not cooperating. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. I welcome all comments as long as they are friendly and respectful. Please don't say anything you wouldn't want me to say to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails