Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guest Post by Me, the Bonus Baby




My Mom asked me to do this for her, because she's been quite busy lately.
 So, last week I asked her to bring  the drinks to my math team practice. Well, she forgot. 
We ended up going to the water fountain. She said she would make us a delicious snack to make up for forgetting.

 Last time she made pumpkin bread and everybody loved it. Because of that, I asked her to make pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting. She found a good recipe at  Smitten Kitchen, a very fun blog. They came out great! Everybody loved them. The maple flavor wasn't very strong. If you like a stronger maple favor, try adding some maple extract. 

Those cupcakes definitely made up for forgetting.


My Mom, in one of her other posts called me and my Dad math nerds. Let me show you what she means. This is how much of pi I can recite: 3.141592653589. See? 



7 comments:

  1. Ok ya little bonus baby math nerd...pass over a cupcake, and no one gets hurt!

    ...I thought us mom's got a free pass for forgeting the drinksough times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely! Did you read the Canadian study on maple syrup? Apparently it's extremely high in anti-oxidants! Just like red wine and blueberries - so your mom covered all the goodie bases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest post ever! I had such fun reading it. Wonder why you were so busy Miss Karen. The cupcakes look absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Pi and cupcakes together, who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Well done, BB! Glad to know that Karen is human too and occasionally forgets her important maternal obligations, i.e., juice duty.
    I'm intrigued by the mini teacups and saucers in the background. I just came across several tiny tea sets that my daughters and I actually used many years ago- now there's an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, my secret is out - I am all too human! I bought the teacup art at a crafts fair a couple of years ago. You could certainly do something like it yourself. It would be very charming with a set your daughter used.

    Thanks to all the commenters - the BB is very appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! And those cupcakes look delightful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. I welcome all comments as long as they are friendly and respectful. Please don't say anything you wouldn't want me to say to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails