Welcome to my 200th post!
Hard to believe I've written that many. And you're still here.
Thanks. I really mean it.
Without you I would be nothing. Rien, as they say in France.
It's for you I sacrifice and experiment. Mix and chop. Simmer and stir.
For you, I ignore my children then force them to consume meals they are entirely unsure of.
It's for you I do things like make Nutella treats six days in a row.
Today's dessert is Nutella bread pudding. Honestly, the only bread pudding I've ever really liked is at Todd English's Figs restaurant. This version isn't as over-the-top decadent as Todd's (I like to pretend he and I are on a first name basis) and it's a bit simpler. It's really quick to put together and incredibly chocolate-y. Making it in the individual ramekins makes it look kinda fancy - enough so that you could serve it at a dinner party. Top with whipped cream, if that's what you like. I put a scoop of the leftover coffee frozen yogurt on top and it was ne plus ultra.
As they say in France.
Nutella Bread Pudding
from Baking Bites
5 cups cubed brioche or challah bread (approx. 1/2 loaf)
2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Nutella
1 Tbsps. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease six 6 oz. ovenproof ramekins.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, Nutella, cocoa powder and vanilla until very smooth. Add in cubed bread and turn gently to thoroughly coat all pieces. Let stand for five minutes to allow bread to soak up liquid. Fold in chocolate chips, being careful not to break up the bread cubes.
Evenly distribute the mixture between the prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Bake 20-25 minutes until puddings are puffy and set.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


oh, crap... with coffee ice cream on top? You're killing me. Amazing.
ReplyDeleteJacques will adore this! Thank you for taking the time to spoil us!
ReplyDeleteNice! I'm not a huge bread pudding fan, but I could definitely get with this...especially with World Nutella Day coming up this weekend! Love your blog design btw :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I just might have to make this in one big 'casserole dish'.... and not share.
ReplyDeleteI've kind of fallen in love with Nutella week! There's always stale challah bread around for bread pudding or Nutella French toast!
ReplyDeleteCasey, you are too funny!
ReplyDeleteMonique, I do hope Jacques loves it.
Michelle, I'm not usually a big fan of bread pudding either, but this one is exceptional.
Go for it Elaine!
Julia, always so glad to hear from you. Happy to hear you're enjoying all the Nutella!
Oh Karen, I'm sure your children (not to mention your husband) are SUFFERING with all the food you are forcing them to eat during national Nutella week.
ReplyDeleteWe can't even keep it in the house uneaten in order to make one recipe.....