Sunday, December 19, 2010

All I Want for Christmas Is...

A kitchen that cleans itself. Including a dishwasher that miraculously empties during the night.

An oven that heats evenly. Oh wait, I mean an oven that actually works.

Summer tomatoes, year 'round. Blueberries too.



A Le Creuset dutch oven.

A nice wine that won't give me a headache in the morning.

Cookies without guilt.

A lemon tree in my backyard.



A chocolate tour with David Lebovitz.

The ability to eat all the bread I want and never gain an ounce.

A couple of new restaurants in town. A really good Chinese place would be nice. One that delivers.



An IT person on call 24/7 to answer my questions/problems.

An extra hour or two each day, just for  reading.

A cake plate with a domed cover.

A few more blog followers and more Facebook fans for Mignardise.

And while we're at it...world peace.






What do you want for Christmas???

15 comments:

  1. You have a nice list here..I'am already a follower so I can't help you there..:) Hope Santa brings you a Le Creuset..
    :)
    You won't regret domed plate covers.. I even saw large ones at WM for $10.00 last week..

    Peace for everyone.. best finale.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I want? Among other things, to see you again in person, somehow or somewhere, and to be lucky enough to run into someone as warm and nice as you at every conference I ever go to. I hope you get everything possible on your list. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality - and...I really do want world peace!
    No seriously - I agree, a self-cleaning kitchen. I have a lemon tree in my front yard and a lime tree in my back yard. The blossoms smell heavenly and both produce all year round, believe it or not - but man, do I have to make a lot of lemon curd!
    I just bought a new dutch oven as my old dutch oven had seen much better days.
    I hope you get everything you want - I'll put your link on my blog along with Mink Chocolates!
    And I too want world peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy holidays and peace to you and your family too Monique.

    Marcia, that is just about the nicest comment I've ever received! I hope we can get together in the new year - I'd love to see you again!

    Lauren, I hope Santa brings you the best sheets ever.

    Julia, I am so jealous of your tress. You must live somewhere nice and warm. Thanks for the link. I love having you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen!

    I want everything on YOUR list, exactly!

    Santa are you listening???

    PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you find that self-cleaning kitchen, will you pass that secret on to me?

    Sigh. At least the Le Creuset will be easy to wash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything on your list sounds great to me!
    Thanks again for the lovely cookbook...you made my month!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wish list is very close to yours, Karen, and this week I would start out with the same first wish -a clean kitchen. That probably won't happen again until after New Year's Day.

    I hope all your wishes come true and you and your family enjoy a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say ditto on the list, even though I have a few of them. The best present would be for my daughter to move back to the US...half way around the world is just too far.

    I've been hoping for world peace my whole life, let's keep wishing.

    I wish for you and your family to have a wonderful holiday season and the best in 2011. Maybe we can finally meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Casey, I could make millions if I could come up with a self-cleaning kitchen.

    Linda, happy holidays to you too Glad you like the book.

    Hi Cathy, hope you have a lovely Christmas too.

    Diane, I truly hope we can meet up in the new year - in between all your world travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those few extra hours a day for reading would be heaven. Merry Christmas Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am well, and you are so kind. Grazie!

    I can't help with the whole world peace thing, or the Chinese restaurant (on days I don't know which I want more), but on the Le Creuset... you know of the outlet in Kittery, yes? And one new follower is a piece of panettone (I mean cake).

    Buon Natale!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Mr. Meatball! Glad to have you hear. I did get my Le Creuset pan and I've got chili simmering away now, in anticipation of the storm. I'll check out the outlet next time I'm in Kittery. I could always use another size.

    Merry Christmas to you too Amy! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. I welcome all comments as long as they are friendly and respectful. Please don't say anything you wouldn't want me to say to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails