Ever wonder how this
can become this?
Turning a green vegetable into a truly moist and delicious chocolate cake is a pretty good party trick. And I swear, you (or your children) would never guess there's zucchini in there. No little green specks, no weird textures.
I made this and brought it into the book store with me one day last week. It made the UPS guy, the postal worker and a couple of little kids really happy. I bet it'll make you happy too.
This recipe comes from a lovely new-ish blog, written by another Mainer. There's really no sense in me copying the whole thing here, so click over and visit Jen at Fogg Road Kitchen. Not only will you be introduced to a new friend, you'll get the Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe. Bonus!
Enjoy - I'll see you tomorrow!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Summer Produce-palooza: Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Labels:
chocolate zucchini cake,
Fogg Road Kitchen,
zucchini
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ooh, this sounds goooood. I have some homemade zucchini bread right now that was a gift, and it's delicious. But it does have green specks and it's not chocolate! So I must click over and see how to improve my life by chocolate and hidden vegetables.
ReplyDeletei love your blog and i love YOU! thanks for your comment on my 2nd anniversary post- i responded- dude, your blog has matching aprons. just sayin. ;) xo
ReplyDeleteCarrie, I've yet to meet a zucchini cake (or bread) I haven't liked, but this one is definitely one of the best.
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear from you Mary! Hope you're putting that Mignardise apron to good use.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the zucchini cake, Karen. And thanks for the shout out too! I'm so honored! This simple little cake is always one of our favorite summer treats, but I found it a real bear to photograph. You got a great photo that shows just how moist and almost brownie-like it is.
ReplyDeleteI've never eaten zucchini in anything sweet. Weird, huh? I think because I don't like chocolate and that's what it's usually paired with.
ReplyDelete~ingrid