Monday, March 16, 2009

RIP My Laptop

It is with great sadness that I must announce the demise of my Dell laptop computer. Frankly I had no idea that they could just up and die like that. One minute it's fine and the next, well, it's not so fine. I thought it would be a fixable problem but according to my IT guy (not my husband), it's time for a new computer.

So I am asking you, my readers, to help me out here. I am considering making the switch from a pc to an Apple. What do you think? Has anyone made this change, and lived to tell about it? Please send any words of wisdom my way.

In the meantime, since it's a bit hard to write a blog on an iphone, my posting may be a little sporadic (or erratic) for the next week or so. Thanks to the great state of Maine and our generous school budget, my kids have very nice laptops. Hopefully they'll let me borrow them from time to time, like now.
Homework?
Honey, it can wait.  I have a blog to write.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    What a drag! My husband, although no longer in 7th grade yet some days I wonder..., is the trustee of one of the Mac's from his school and HE LOVES IT! When I use it I can never figure out how to navigate from one open window to the other until I have about 12 Internet Explorer windows open but you're way more techno savvy than I so likely won't be your issue!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. I welcome all comments as long as they are friendly and respectful. Please don't say anything you wouldn't want me to say to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails